Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's good to be home

Another Division III basketball season is over and I'm glad to be back in Minneapolis after what seemed like a fairly surreal week in Virginia, driving familiar roads and such.

For some reason I'm wired and can't get to sleep, so I heard Colleen get up to get herself some water. I usually get up to intercept her in the hallway so she heads back to her own bedroom, but as I went toward the bathroom, this three-quarters asleep little girl was making some strange noises:

Sssssssssssssluurrrrrrrp ... mmmahhhhhh ...
ssssssssssssluurrrrrrrp ... mmmahhhhhh ... ssssssssssssluurrrrrrrp ... mmmahhhhhh.

When I got there she was stepping down off the foot stool with her face all wet. No cup in the bathroom, so she had to improvise at 11:40 at night.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

25 years later and that faucet is still kid-friendly.

Anonymous said...

Still drips too.