Saturday, April 2, 2011

Stone knives and bear skins

Remember how we had to explain to our kids what a computer disk was, a cassette tape, a record player, how to dial a phone?

Well, we've reached a whole new level.

Colleen came up to me and said, "Mom, how do you pause your TV?"

I told her that we actually can't pause my TV.

"Why not?" she said.

The TV in our bedroom is 18 years old. Needless to say, it's not HD and it doesn't have a DVR. And even though we've only had a TV with a DVR for less than two years, Colleen apparently doesn't remember it being any other way. And by the way, we thought this TV was not long for the world when we lived in Sterling.

3 comments:

nonna said...

Maybe she could help me learn how to use my DVR and how to get the HD to work on the TV.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I just realized that the TV in question was mine in VA and it was Jeannie's before that! The TV dates to Jeannie at BVU!!!
Nanny

Patrick said...

Actually, no -- that's in storage for if a child ever becomes eligible for a TV in their room or someone needs a donation.

The one Cate wrote about is the one you gave us when we lived in the apartment in D.C. Older. :)