Monday, January 14, 2008

Brushing off the Colemans' Couch

As long as you're not coming looking for psychiatric advice, welcome to the Colemans' Couch.

We find that we have too many kids and too many stories and no place to easily share them with people, or in the case of Cate and I, even with each other. Colleen is becoming more and more verbose and occasionally says things that just floor us.

Here's a story from each of us.

Sunday afternoon, Colleen woke up from a rare nap and was still kind of woozy. I had pulled a shirt over her head and was taking her downstairs to get pants from the laundry. Robert was attempting to play with Elizabeth and a friend of hers and we heard him scream.

Colleen: What's that?
Patrick: That's Robert. He's playing with Elizabeth and Nicole.
Colleen: What did he do now?

Already siding with her big sister, apparently.

Then this from Cate this afternoon:

Colleen found playdough and was playing next to me at the table. I'm not paying too much attention because I just noticed the dough is gone. I asked her where it went and she said, "Oh, sorry. I ate it."

This blog is where we hope to host these stories. Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Well, the little one should be ok. Although that is hilarious. :)

Nanny (aka Mom) said...

Oh my! I sure do miss hearing those little stories. Thanks guys, you just made this Irish Nanny happy!

Unknown said...

She ATE it???? I can't even stand the smell of it!!!