Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thanksgiving Break

Elizabeth wrote this for a school homework assignment in November. I recently came across it and thought it should be shared. I didn't fix any spelling but I did add paragraph breaks.

This Thanksgiving I went to Pennsylvania were my cousins and great aunts live. My family and I drove there with my aunt and grandma all day.

We went to my great aunt Mimi's house, near Washington Crossing. For dinner we had roasted turkey with celery stuffing, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, carmels, stuffed celery, fruit salad, banana-nut bread, hot apple cider and lots of other things. It was delicious.

When I walk into the kitchen, it smelled like all the good things in the world. Scents of cinnamon, apple, flowers and warmth floated through the halls.

All my family was there. There were crackers that you pull on each and it pops and toys, a crown and a puzzle fall out. I got a chain puzzle and a box with a pen in it in a cracker.

My cousins Christopher, and Cassidy played with my brother and I the next day. Cassidy and I played Polly Pockets. Christopher and Robert play Lego Pirates.

That night went to see a movie. We saw, "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium." It was funny.

My birthday was that Saturday. We celebrated it there. My great aunts got me: a globe that has constalations on it and a light bulb inside, a toy monkey, and clothes. I also got: a coat, a book, a giftcard, more clothes, a Webkinz, and a Harry Potter castle.

It was a fun Thanksgiving Break.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Elizabeth writes well. Darn near as well as her dad.