Monday, March 31, 2008

Close your eyes

Robert and Colleen were cracking Easter eggs after lunch. Not eating; just cracking, peeling, then smushing. Well, I thought I'd save a few for Elizabeth, who actually eats hard boiled eggs, so I put them back in the refrigerator.

Colleen really wants to play with them again. She opened the refrigerator and I said "No more eggs, Colleen." She closed the door but said, with her hand still on the handle, "Um, okay. Close your eyes, Mom."

This reminded me of Robert at that age. He'd come into the kitchen and say "Mom, don't go into the bathroom/bedroom/living room, etc." At least they give warnings! Elizabeth used to booby trap the whole house, including the stairs, with no warning. They're cute but they're sneaky.

As a side note: Every time we pass a lake (which is more often than you'd think even if we're not in Minnesota) Robert reminds me that he wants to go fishing. At summer camp I used to dangle bread on a hook but never caught anything. Anyone with more experience willing to take on my kid with a bucket of worms?

3 comments:

Neil said...

When you guys come back out this summer I may be able to take him down to the lake and drown some worms... which is about all I am capable of anymore.

Nanny (aka Mom) said...

Cate, it kind of reminds me when you and Jeannie would "clean" your room. I ask if it was done and you guys always said "yes" but when I would head for the room to check you always told me "wait! I'll be right back" and the two of you would run off to you room to finsih the job. Like I didn't know!

Ahh, the good old days!

Ryan said...

I believe I was fairly successful at catching buggers - but I remember a bucket of stinkers coming from other fisherpeople that Da used in the garden as fertilizer.

I'll shoulder it. Just have to find out how much a license costs.