Sunday, March 30, 2008

Why it's on TV

I'm sitting here watching Davidson/Kansas (Davidson 51-47 with 7:35 left, for those scoring at home) and Elizabeth looks up at the television.

Remember, Elizabeth came with me to the regionals at Gettysburg earlier this month and got a real up-close look at what Division III is like as well as what I do to run D3hoops.com.

Elizabeth: "What's that? It's basketball, but what division?"
Me: "It's Division I"
Elizabeth: "Oh. That explains why it's on TV."
(Smart girl! And she just closed my parentheses for me. After a pause ...)
Elizabeth: "So what's Division II?"
Me: "Good question"

Then I explained to her that Division II has some scholarships, etc., etc., and she said, "Oh. So it's second-best."

I didn't ask her which was best. Hopefully she knows. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll admit I love watching D1. It's simply better ball on a more consistent basis than D3. D3 is certainly more pure and you see more defense and real offensive set, but I'm a coach at heart and you gotta love D1 talent.

D2? What a disaster.