Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I thought we had a few years yet

Robert has been missing his piggy bank, which is one of 14.5 gazillion things still in storage. So when Cate saw apple juice in a glass bottle at the bagel place where we met for lunch today, she snapped it up. Colleen drank the juice and Cate washed it out and presented it to him.

She also gave him all of her change. Robert didn't think it was enough, however.

He asked Cate, "Do you have any more coins for my bank?"

Cate responded: "What you see in there is all my money. I don't have any more."

Robert asked if she thought I had any money, and Cate said she would check.

"How will you ask him?" Robert queried, and Cate responded that she would ask if I had any change for Robert's piggy bank.

"Mom, don't ask him like that." As in Mom, you must be the stupidest person in the world.

"Say, 'Dad, can I have your wallet?' "

2 comments:

Ryan said...

So much for that coin purse I was going to get you... oh wait, he wants coins from your wallet not a coin purse. Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-kcellent.

Neil said...

Aw, that's sad. It's that school, I tell ya!