Saturday, December 27, 2008

After the football

This was the first Saturday not consumed by Division III football since we moved here and it was kind of nice to be somewhat normal for once. Defining normal:

I got out of bed first (a rarity) and m
ade breakfast (slightly less rare, but still pretty infrequent these days). Made sure Robert and Colleen got dressed. Since Mom offered us a trip to the movies (subtle request to get out of the house?!), we were pushing to get the rest of the day in order. I wanted to get the Christmas cards that had been completed in the mail so they could be in people's hands in a few days, and that meant a trip to the post office in St. Louis Park (Edina's is consistently one day slower.)

I asked Cate if she needed anything for her baking today and she did, so I added Byerly's to my to-do list. I got Robert ready to go and Colleen started putting her shoes and coat on, too. I figured, what the heck, and finished getting her ready to go and took her with me, too.


Got home with the orange juice and such and it was pretty close to time to go to the movies. While Cate and Elizabeth got ready I salted and sanded the sidewalks, because they're pretty icy to say the least.

Went to the movie. (Tales of Desperau. Elizabeth liked it because it was very faithful to Kate DiCamillo's book, but ehh, kind of a bland storyline.) We noticed they do a free refill on large soda and popcorn.

The stove is still out from Christmas Day -- one of the burners refused to turn off so we had to have the gas to the unit turned off. They won't be out to look at it until Monday. So Cate was luckily able to borrow a stove (and a kitchen) from friends and get her baking done for tomorrow's Christmas party.

She kept Elizabeth and I brought Robert and Colleen home for the rest of the afternoon. Among some other mundane stuff, we set up the Wii and Robert showed me he remembered a fair amount from when we played with the Wii at the Krugers back in August.

Unfortunately, when bedtime, I had to play the bad guy and told the older two it was time to turn off the Wii. Made sure Colleen was in her pajamas.

And then bedtime. Well, except I'm still up. Can't sleep. Too much stuff running through my head, I think.

No comments: