Friday, June 4, 2010

The day Robert turns 8

I don't particularly remember third grade with any fondness. I didn't know the term then, but I feel comfortable in retrospect in saying my teacher was a prick. Going into third grade, Robert will hopefully have a bit of a different year.

We celebrated Robert's last day of 7 last night with a quick trip to Dairy Queen (don't tell Elizabeth) and Robert was particularly wired all evening. Elizabeth stayed home and put Colleen to sleep, but that's OK -- she is particularly eager to earn money for a purchase she has in mind, so we'll see if she can make it.

Robert was greeted at school by his friends, who wished him a happy birthday en masse as he walked in. Presents will come tonight, but he also got to sign up for one of his first big-kid/grownup privileges last night: Robert now has a gmail address. I suppose we could give him access to write his own blog posts, too, but that will have to come later.

One of my first emails to Robert was to thank him in advance for not waking me up at 6:45 a.m. like he did eight years ago today. Thankfully, he complied.

And tonight, pancakes for dinner!

3 comments:

nonna said...

I want to hear about the worm farm.

The Coleman Family said...

I hear Elizabeth out at the computer now giving Robert a complete walk-through of gmail.

cbcoleman said...

All morning he has been filming Star Trek videos on this new digital camera. Then he asked for some modeling clay because he doesn't have a Lego person that looks Klingon :)