Thursday, June 24, 2010

A good question

One of the benefits of working at home rather than 'nameless office park Verizon facility' is that my home office is a lot more like any other newsroom. I have more than one computer at my disposal and satellite television next to my desk.

While the marathon tennis match between John Isner and Nicolas Mahut was in progress this morning
for the third day, I invited Robert in to witness history and made sure he understood that what he was watching had never happened in the history of professional tennis. And I explained some of the rules of the game to him, which, he informed me, are different from the way tennis is played on the Wii.

The fifth set is tied somewhere in the mid-60s at this point, in the third day of competition after it had been suspended twice because of darkness.

Then, Amelia walked in, saw the television, and promptly asked Robert, "who win?"

Indeed, such was the 11-hour question. About 20 minutes later, it was Isner. And Robert had long since returned to the Wii.

No comments: