Saturday, September 18, 2010

I think we have a problem

Setting the scene, Colleen and I are in the kitchen on Saturday. Colleen comes in to look at the calendar.

She asks, "What day is it today?"

I told her it was the 18th.

She said, "What regular day?"

I told her it was Saturday, Sept. 18.

She said, "OK," and left.

Two minutes later she comes back into the kitchen and says, in a voice worthy of a confessional: "Mom, I think we have a problem. I forgot to go to school yesterday."

Colleen stayed home from school on Friday because she was sick. But we had never told her she wasn't going in to school.

I gave her a hug and told her she would go back to school on Monday.

2 comments:

Neil said...

Hilarious.

The other night Joel Mich asked what grade she was in this year and with her most indignant 5-year-old voice she replied, "NONE graaaaaaaa-ade - I'm in KINDERgarten!"

Yeah, ,Joel.

Reed said...

That's a great story!