Thursday, September 30, 2010

Robert's singing debut

Robert has been in the children's choir at church for a year now, and Mary, the choir director, suggested when the summer started that he and I should cantor a Mass together.

I wasn't quite sure he was ready, and I couldn't really get Robert to practice music with me. But during the school year we also have a weekly prayer service before religious ed starts, and since those are geared toward the kids, it's all stuff the kids know, including Robert. So he stood up there with me, with his own microphone, and sang.

Once I knew he had it handled, I just tried to stay out of the way and let him do his thing. He did great!

I hear through the grapevine that Cate was beaming with pride. Robert also said he got plenty of compliments.

4 comments:

nonna said...

I knew I should have gone to GOF. Sad Nonna!

Jensens6021 said...

But Nonna, it's not GOF any longer...it's FFA. Where have you been? I'm in adult faith formation if you're interested in attending... :)

cbcoleman said...

Future Farmers of America. :)

Patrick said...

Baaa ....