Saturday, June 14, 2008

Those kids and their computers

I'm sitting here on my work laptop (Tiger Woods and the U.S. Open are a big draw for us on the wekeends) and Elizabeth is using my other laptop. She's checking her e-mail, surfing around the blogs and such and I was just thinking, shoot, when I was her age, we had just gotten a computer for the first time.

She is copying and pasting, visiting Da's Sweet Home Chicago hosta link.

Just very impressed.

Talking about Ryan's incomprehensible comments on that blog post, Elizabeth said: "He said 'I don't speak Russian, but then he typed it in Russian. That doesn't make sense.' "

Then she said, "it would be funny if you posted that and it popped up over here and I could read it."

So I did it.

Of course, she corrected me as I was about to misquote her. Good thing I'm not a sportswriter, right?

It's been a nice quiet afternoon. Some rain came through so it cooled off nicely, but it let up in time for me to grill up some chicken.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Well, my darling Elizabeth, I said I don't speak Russian... But I never said I don't write it... Until now. :)

The internet is an amazing place, you can converse in languages you may never hear in person in your lifetime but make life-long e-pen pals across the globe.

Anonymous said...

How come Elizabeth doesn't send me e-mail?? Are you going to make your dad breakfast for Father's Day?? Everyone (in town) is coming over for Pasta on the Patio with Pa. Next year will all be here too!