Monday, November 3, 2008

Mama, she's comin' home

Colleen has not been great at listening to Nonna today, and I'm seeing more of it first-hand since I'm working from home. The kids don't have school today so I offered to be here as a backup goalie, so to speak.

I was talking to Colleen about listening and reminded her that especially when Mom's not here, she needs to listen to Nonna. And I also made sure she knew that Mom is coming back from Pennsylvania tomorrow. I work a late shift to cover the elections, so ...

"That means you and I can go to the airport to pick her up!"

She gives a strange look. "That would be weird."

It was my turn to be puzzled. Then the light bulb went on.

"Oh, Colleen, we don't actually go and lift Mommy. We just drive the car to the airport and she comes home with us."

That seemed to be the explanation she was looking for.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I recognize this literal child syndrome. The next phase is near-attorney-like bargaining on every issue