Friday, March 7, 2008

March Madness

There's something to be said about the best-laid plans. They almost never involve forgetting your wallet.

That was the realization I came too earlier this evening, when I was already about 70 miles from home. I was taking Elizabeth with me to basketball games this weekend, her first road trip with me to a Division III game, other than downtown to Catholic U. So here we are in Gettysburg.

Cate had to come bring me my wallet. Otherwise ... well, I had 75 cents in my pocket, no ID, no credit card and no likely way to get into the hotel tonight. The surprise when Robert walked up to me in the press box while I was broadcasting was priceless.

Elizabeth finally went to sleep about 12:30 a.m. Everyone stayed up pretty late tonight. She's been a trooper -- this was the boring part for her. We had two basketball games to call tonight. Thankfully she hasn't finished all the books Cate sent us with.

No idea what we're doing tomorrow, but I expect a battlefield is on the agenda. And that other basketball game. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you enjoy the battlefield? I loved my visit there last year!

The Coleman Family said...

This ended up being a fun trip, I think. We slept in, had breakfast at a pancake-type place, toured a couple of the museums, had lunch on the main circle downtown, did some window shopping. Basic bonding trip.