Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"I never knew an Uncle Neil."

Today Mom was talking to Colleen in the car.

Mom:
"Colleen, you know Uncle Neil?"
Colleen: "I never knew an Uncle Neil."
Mom: "Well, how about Uncle Ryan?"
Colleen:
"I never saw an Uncle Ryan."
Me:
"Well, how about Baby Amelia?"
Colleen:
"Who's Baby Amelia?"
Me:
"Oh, never mind."

Today Colleen also got brand new underwear. She got regular underwear and special training underwear. The special pair is lined with plastic on the outside. It looks very uncomfortable. I think Colleen thinks so, too. She tried them on today. "Noooooooooo!" she screams, "I don't want it!" as Mom tried to put the special pair on. Who wouldn't blame her? It makes crunching noises (sort of) when she walks in it.

13 comments:

Ryan said...

Ouch. We feel the love.

The Coleman Family said...

I foresee use of flashcards for Colleen with pictures of family members. :)

Neil said...

Written by Elizabeth? Awesome!
When we see you guys this summer I guess I'll just have to really make an impression. What if I dangle her upside-down by her ankles? She'd remember that probably :)

The Coleman Family said...

"NO! PUT YOU DOWN ME!"

-- Colleen

Da said...

And I underscore the comment of the newest father in the family--the writing is better than much of the Strib and USAToday and the dialog beats most of TV. Keep it up, E!! We are a family of words, and you show that it has oozed into the next generation. Good work!

-Da

Neil said...

I think it's the past tense that's so scary - "I never knew an Uncle Neil." Am I doomed? And does she know it?
Duhn, duhn, dunnnnnnnnnnnnnh!

Ryan said...

I think Colleen is a tailie...

The Coleman Family said...

Colleen's been doing very well with the toilet training so far, however, never fear. This isn't the opening salvo in the potty wars. :)

Anonymous said...

This is a test.

Anonymous said...

It is me.

Anonymous said...

Hello

Anonymous said...

I wish I could remember what I wanted to say because it worked!

Neil said...

I think mom is spamming you.