Saturday, January 3, 2009

Light up the Night

With Elizabeth on a special trip with Daddy to Iowa, I decided Robert and Colleen would get a special treat too: ice cream for dessert, as many bedtime stories as they could stand and a double sleepover with Mom. My throat is paying for the bedtime stories promised but we had a great time. We had just been to the library so we went to bed loaded with 12 new books (one of which was a 4 book treasury). We stayed up to 9 p.m. - 2 hours past bedtime. It was great fun and we all were very ready for sleep. But the sparks came after lights out.

In my family we always got new pajamas on Christmas Eve so we'd wake up in brand new PJs on Christmas morning. We've continued that tradition with our 3. This year (and the 2 previous years at least) the kids got coordinating fleece PJs from The Children's Place.

Someone kicked me in the face around 1:30 a.m. and I woke up. That someone was Robert sleeping upside down so his feet were on the pillow. When I looked down he rolled over again and he sort of sparkled. That looked weird so I put on my eyeglasses. And I saw Colleen shift and sparkle too! It was static electricity from their fleece pajamas.

I admit that I poked them a few times just to see it again.

3 comments:

Nanny (aka Mom) said...

Hum, you have a whole new definition of fireworks in the bedroom...Patrick needs to get home!

Unknown said...

I'm not sure the house can hold anymore kids!

Tammi M said...

We have the xmas eve PJ tradition too! Alex was worried we'd forget this year and reminded us the day before about how excited she was to open something Christmas Eve.
When I was a kid, my parents gave the same gifts to us, but I don't remember having such a good sense of fun about it :)

And ditto Nanny!