Friday, August 8, 2008

I won the bet

Not quite a year and a half ago, Jennifer bet me I wouldn't be living in Minneapolis within five years.

Five years? How could I not take that bet?

No, a steak dinner wouldn't have been enough for me to move for all on its own, but still, why bet with someone who can solely influence the outcome?

About a year ago, a project manager working with us at work told me he thought that it would be possible for me to take my current job and do it from anywhere, once the site was up and operational and moving smoothly. Which was a relief, because these days, jobs with the Twin Cities newspapers are hard to come by. The site took a while to become operational, let alone smooth, but my boss graciously agreed to let me take my family and job here. I now work out of a corporate office in Minnetonka. (Where, by the way, there are no giggling coworkers.)

Jennifer also lost a weight-loss bet to me last fall (a bet I am still winning, in crushing fashion) and has sworn off placing wagers with me. Which is unfortunate; I always welcome free food.

Which brings us to today's photo -- a dinner remembrance in true Another Delco Guy fashion. Enjoy. It's a Stella Artois for me and ... uhm, some sauvignon blanc for Jennifer. Seriously, I don't memorize wine.

4 comments:

Jensens6021 said...

What can I say, I'm EXTREMELY competitive, but lose at just about everything.

Yeah, when I told my husband about the details of the bet, he said, "had I known you gave him a five-year window, I wouldn't have let you make that wager."

Cate's ready to take me up on a wager now, I just know it! :)

No more wagers with you, sir!

The Coleman Family said...

Apparently. But even if you'd gone for two years, I'd have taken the bet. Your lack of faith in me is stunning. :)

Unknown said...

Well thanks for the nod. i do enjoy my beer and my photos. Stella is not a bad choice, though I prefer more locally-crafted brews for the most part.

Congratulations on the move!

Adam said...

So, you're back in town? Get a hold of me and we can get together at some point. Where are you living?

-adam

ahildreth at barrelomonkeyes.com