Sunday, October 5, 2008

Being a godfather

Neil and Alicia's daughter Amelia was baptized today in a nice ceremony after Mass at St. Thomas the Apostle. It was nice because she was the only one being baptized and while Elizabeth was one of a group of six when it was her turn, apparently St. Thomas has baptized as many as 12 at a time.

So Amelia got all the attention from Fr. Steve, just like Colleen did when he baptized her three years ago.

I don't wax poetic about my beliefs and Neil even less so. But everyone had a good time. Robert really enjoyed being put "in charge" of Da's camera and delivered some great pictures.

So in the end, I don't have much to tell you that actually goes with the title of this blog post. I guess I'll figure that out in the years to come.

11 comments:

The Coleman Family said...

Aaagh, and I forgot to mention that Fr. Steve mentioned the Johnnies' loss and the Cubs as well. :)

Neil said...

And he looks just like Tony Kornheiser.
Thanks for being the godfather - now you know, I'm relying on you if it's all out and we go to the mattresses.

Anonymous said...

For the record, I was at the baptism and the party following even though I did not make one of the 48 posted pictures!

Neil said...

Not true - the back of your head is in a couple of shots.

The Coleman Family said...

Mom, I'm sure it's just that the photographer is scared of you. ;)

I'm not sure what "it's all out and we go to the mattresses" means but as the responsible brother of the family we're expecting you to raise the kids if something happens to us. :)

Neil said...

You really need to watch those movies.

Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Neil said...

Ryan, why don't you try to find a more public way to air your grievances. I'm sure everyone is interested.

Unknown said...

Patrick, Patrick, Patrick ...

First, congratulations on becoming a godfather. Now go out and buy The Godfather DVD so you can catch up on your popular culture references.

Neil said...

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

The Coleman Family said...

Ahh, now, see, that one I would've gotten.