Thursday, October 23, 2008

In limbo

I keep having dreams about boxes.

In these dreams, I'm still packing. We have a house full of stuff that needs to go into boxes so we can move.

In real life, all that is done. It's the unpacking that hasn't started, because we don't have anywhere to put it.

I thought we were packed appropriately -- that things we needed were in the right spots in storage so that we could access them. But we shuffled things to make them fit, and we're nowhere near getting into a house with winter fast approaching.

I had to go out and buy clothes today because I don't have nearly enough winter clothes to get me through the winter. We were able to get to the winter coats, not that I could find any other coat of mine, and the kids will all be wearing new clothes instead of hand-me-downs for a while.

We would love to be home buyers in this market. The problem is we can't seem to sell anything. We are probably going to take 406 off the market for a while, because, let's face it, why have the listing out there getting dusty in such bad economic times?

I do know full well that we could be in a much worse position. For that I am indeed thankful. But that doesn't mean limbo is any fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Pat, it will all work out...just not on our time schedule!
I understand the dreams (nightmares?)about the packing and unpacking. Been there, done that and have the tee shirt! Just think of how nice it will be once all of this gets sorted out.
Patty

Patrick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Coleman Family said...

You hang in there yourself. :)