Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day! We're in the kitchen this morning making pumpkin pancakes and fruit salad, and probably bacon if we have the energy.

It's an early morning for me -- it's not like seeing 7:30 a.m. is unprecedented since I do it every Wednesday but it's still pretty unusual.

We're forced to make the pancakes from scratch because I forgot we were out of pancake mix.

Hopefully Elizabeth will be able to help me make the fruit salad. But I also bought a whole pineapple so I know that will require intervention.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy to me!

The Coleman Family said...

It all worked out and Cate was happy. Elizabeth made the entire fruit salad -- I did the rough cut on the pineapple and she did everything else, bananas, grapes (halved), strawberries, mandarin oranges.

Robert made a mini bagel with cream cheese.

I made the pumpkin pancakes and bacon. We've had bad experiences with pumpkin pancakes in terms of taste but adding some pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon helped that.

Cate is off to work now. Don't tell her, but we're going to make dinner and bring it to her on her break.

(They don't have the Internet at the bookstore, so our secret is safe with you!)

The Coleman Family said...

My mom's day bookstore picnic was wonderful, complete with a pink rose as a centerpiece and "the best grilled pineapple ever."

The Coleman Family said...

My mom's day bookstore picnic was wonderful, complete with a pink rose as a centerpiece and "the best grilled pineapple ever."