Friday, May 2, 2008

Isle of Wight

As some readers might know, the Virginia public school curriculum is heavily saturated in Virginia history. Elizabeth is doing a project on Isle of Wight which is a county near Newport News on the James River. We decided that a little personal observation might go a long way so Elizabeth and I are off on a 24-hour historical adventure. We've got a map in hand, fresh batteries in the camera, and a (very short) list of possible attractions to visit. We'll see what the "Ham Capital of the World" has to offer and report back tomorrow.

4 comments:

The Coleman Family said...

When we originally conceived of this trip, it was going to be me taking Elizabeth. But a couple weeks ago it occurred to me that Cate and Elizabeth could really use some time together. And maybe Cate could use a break from the day-to-day stuff here at home.

So I'm taking one for the team.

Did this once before, too, when Cate and Elizabeth and Robert went to Iowa for Patty's graduation from Ashford U. last spring. Colleen and I survived. Hoping for a similar immortality rate here. :)

- Patrick

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great idea! I wish I could come along. Maybe next time!

Neil said...

Looking forward to the report. I was also promised a report on tigers... I'll need to be seeing that soon too.

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth and Cate, as extra credit, the next time you're in MN, you should do a compare and contrast with the SPAM Capital of the World... ;)