Friday, July 11, 2008

Mrs. Mom is doing well

Cate got weaned off the Vicodin today and spent most of the day in bed, which was long overdue for her. I did manage to put in a full day's work (more or less) while also handling breakfast, lunch, dinner, baths and all sorts of other stuff we might otherwise tag team or Cate might do all by herself.

By the way, I hate giving baths. Cate described it on the phone this evening as "his least favorite part of parenting" and I estimated that in the five years in this house, it's possible I've supervised fewer than a dozen baths.

Cate couldn't put any pressure on the foot today, which bodes well for working on Sunday. And dinner made her throw up, twice. But everyone else ate it and survived. Robert even scarfed the steak down, and lately he has been resistant to anything you can't put in a bun.

Now Mr. Mom could use some sleep. Desperately. Well, once the dryer is done.

7 comments:

The Coleman Family said...

Meant to mention: Elizabeth picked a red motif for the spices on our potatoes tonight. Chili powder, crushed red pepper and paprika. I had to tell her she couldn't use cayenne because that would make it too spicy.

As it turned out, Elizabeth and I loved it but it was too spicy for Cate. The little ones don't like the potato packets in general anyway.

The Coleman Family said...

This morning's good news is that they have someone to cover Cate's eight-hour shift at work tomorrow morning. Barring some significant improvement, Cate won't be on her feet at all today.

The Coleman Family said...

So we had significant improvement, and Cate was able to walk around the house today. :)

Anonymous said...

Please Cate, Take it easy or at least carefully! You do not have to be a hero or a ball player.

The Coleman Family said...

I think I'm healing too fast. I might have to change a diaper soon. Between that and the naps, it was a great honeymoon while it lasted. -C

Unknown said...

Any Vicodin left for me?

Jensens6021 said...

No-- I want them!