Sunday, July 6, 2008

What Elizabeth ate

We haven't ordered out for pizza in a while -- part of an attempt to cut our food budget back as well as our calorie budget. But I found some pizza crust mixes on sale at Giant earlier this week and we cooked up a couple of homemade pizzas for dinner tonight.

When we used to order pizza, everyone would have pepperoni and I would have a sausage and onion or mushroom or something vegetable-like. But of course, I've swayed Elizabeth over to the light side and she joined me in making a veggie pizza.

Part and parcel with that is trying something new. We had a can of black olives and I convinced Elizabeth to try one. She liked it.

Of course, when put on the pizza, she was less enthralled. But she still had pizza with onions and red pepper on it. And I got her green peppers and olives to put on my slices.

But put black olives on the list of food Elizabeth likes!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember the holiday Chris Lahr had put a black olive on each of his fingers?

The Coleman Family said...

Vividly. :)

Ryan said...

Those were the days...

Da said...

Elizabeth--
You are really growing up fast, girl. You'll be ready for Minnesota. See you soon!

The Coleman Family said...

Every family has one. My cousin Nicole was famous for it too. -Cate

Jensens6021 said...

Mmmm, black olives! I was a late bloomer in appreciating veggies too. In fact, I didn't start really digging salads until after I was married.
Reading about pizza is making me very hungry.